Mary Bartron Henderson


Mary Bartron Henderson

As the culmination of her successful fund-raising campaign for the new Women's League building in 1929, Mary Bartron Henderson persuaded financier Gordon Mendelssohn to contribute $50,000 for a theater. He asked that the theater be named after his mother, Lydia. Ever since, this jewel of a theater has been the most cherished theatrical performance space on campus.


People: Mary Bartron Henderson

Copyright: Creative Commons (Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share-alike)
Rights Held by: Image Courtesy of the Washtenaw County Historical Society

| Report Problem