The Kempfs, 1890


The Kempfs, 1890

The Kempfs in 1890 on the porch of their Division Street home, now a city-owned house museum.

Musicians Reuben and Pauline Kempf were both from German pioneer families. In their front parlor studio, Reuben, who also directed the choir at St. Andrew's Church, taught piano and Pauline taught singing. They moved easily between the business world of the town and the more intellectual world of the university.


People: Marie Durheim, Pauline Widenmann Kempf, Reuben Henry Kempf
Date: 1890

Copyright: Creative Commons (Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share-alike)
Rights Held by: Image Courtesy of the Washtenaw County Historical Society

| Report Problem