George D. Gillespie


George D. Gillespie

Rev. Gillespie served as pastor of St. Andrew's from 1861 to 1875, when he became bishop of western Michigan. Under his leadership, the Episcopalians replaced their original frame church with the city's first stone church.


People: George D. Gillespie

Copyright: Creative Commons (Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share-alike)
Rights Held by: Image Courtesy of the Washtenaw County Historical Society

| Report Problem