Angelo Poulos


Angelo Poulos

In 1927, local businessman Angelo Poulos announced he would add a movie theater to the new retail and office building he was planning on Liberty Street near campus. A "Shrine of Entertainment," the theater would be operated by W. S. Butterfield's Michigan Circuit of 75 movie theaters. Butterfield and Poulos hired architect Maurice Finkel to design what would become Ann Arbor's first and only "movie palace."


People: Angelo J. Poulos

Copyright: Creative Commons (Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share-alike)
Rights Held by: Image Courtesy of the Washtenaw County Historical Society

| Report Problem