Anna Botsford Bach


Anna Botsford Bach

Anna Botsford Bach, the daughter of pioneers, married successful businessman Philip Bach in 1876. They entertained frequently in the parlors of their fourteen-room home on South Main Street opposite Packard Street. Mrs. Bach served nine years on the school board and was its first female president. An active member of the Ladies Library Association and the YWCA, she helped organize the Sarah Caswell Angell Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution and the Old Ladies Home Association, later named in her honor.


People: Anna Botsford Bach

Copyright: Creative Commons (Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share-alike)
Rights Held by: Image Courtesy of the Washtenaw County Historical Society

| Report Problem