Bishop Edward D. Kelly


Bishop Edward D. Kelly

Rev. Kelly led St. Thomas Parish from 1891 to 1919, built the new stone church, the convent and rectory, and founded St. Joseph's Mercy Hospital. A man of boundless energy, he also served as auxiliary bishop of Detroit from 1910 to 1919, when he became bishop of Grand Rapids.


People: Edward D. Kelly

Copyright: Creative Commons (Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share-alike)
Rights Held by: Image Courtesy of the Washtenaw County Historical Society

| Report Problem